Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS Ophthalmology with 13 years of surgical expereince
25407765

I've been having some issues with my vision and eyes in

Customer Question

Customer: Hello, I've been having some issues with my vision and eyes in general
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: im 1 27 male from oman, weight 71KG height 181CM, I mostly wear contact lenses and changed the power from -7.5 to -9.0 lately, sometimes i feel that i can only focus on a very narrow angle, like when watching a movie with subtitles, i can either focus on the picture or the text below, i went to two eye doctors and they both said that my eyes are fine and that the contact lenses fine, one of them said that the eyes are dry and i started using eye drops for lubrication, sometimes i THINK that its more of neurological problem as ive been suffering fro depression, just a few hours ago i feel like my eye lids are heavy and like i cant open my eyes comfortobly.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Eye Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes, is there an estimate ? for how long to wait ?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. A.S. Desai replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the question.

Your symptoms are suggestive of asthenopia or eye fatigue. This can occur from long hours in front of computer or television or reading. A recent change of contact lens power by 1.5 dioptres might take longer than usual to adapt. You might have tested normal in the eye doctor's office but need to adjjust with this new power . Depression may not be directly causative of these symptoms but can be contributory. If possible you can reduce the amount of time in front of the computer and use lubricating eye drops as suggested.

Thank you and best wishes