Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS Ophthalmology with 13 years of surgical expereince
25407765

HAVE A WATER BLISTER ON THE EYE. DOCTOR GAVE ME DROPS AND

Customer Question

Customer: HAVE A WATER BLISTER ON THE EYE. DOCTOR GAVE ME DROPS AND TOLD ME IT WOULD BE 4 OR 5 DAYS BEFORE I SAW AN IMPROVEMENT. IT'S BEEN 5 DAYS NOW AND THERE IS JUST THE MINIMAL INPROVEMENT. HOW LONG MIGHT IT TAKE TO CURE IT. AND WILL IT JUST DISSOLVE AWAY ?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: NOT REALLY. I HAD A BAD RED EYE FOR 2 WEEKS, 2 WEEKS BEFORE THE BLISTER CAME UP. HE THOUGHT IT MAY HAVE BEEN AN INFECTION CUASED BY SAND PICKED UP ON STRONG WINDS. WE'RE CURRENTLY IN LANZAROTE WHERE IT CAN BE VERY WINDY, BUT I'VE NEVER HAD A PROBLEM BEFORE.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Eye Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: OK
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. A.S. Desai replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the question.

The water blister might have appeared because of vigorous rubbing of the eye. It does disappear within a few days but can sometimes take more than a week or two to disappear. However do conault your eye doctor if it persists beyond 2 weeks as it might require start of anti allergy eye drops along with non steroidal anti inflammatory eye drops. In the meanwhile you can use artificial tears eye drops to soothe the eye.

Thank you and best wishes.