Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

Have irtractable diplopia been wearing soft contact gas perm

Customer Question

have irtractable diplopia been wearing soft contact gas perm contact occulder and fog eyeglass lense seems the glasses work the best but for cosmetic reasons like contact as wear tinted glasses over it was thinking of wearing contact in evening when I go out and when home I wear my fogged glasses it seems I have a slight light coming in with contact like the contact is dirty that kind of look what would you say is the best treatment for irtractable diplopia also will the fda approve the iol occulder contact surgery like they do in England and what are the pros and cons of such an operation
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with additional services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

Do you have the diplopia with your glasses or at any other time ir is having one glasses lens fogged what keeps you from having the diplopia?

What treatment/evaluation have you had for your diplopia and what were the findings?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do have irtractable diplopia with glasses fogged it helps but cosmeticly do not wear it when I go out then wear black occulder lens have soft one and gas permwhat would yopu suggest wearing or keep doing what I am doing wear glasses in house then
contact out wear tinted glasses over contact so it is not so notiseable but the contact seems a little light comes in and
bothers me a bit thank youwhat would you sugest or should I continue what I am doing also is there any other contact occulder that I can try also whats the pros and cons of iol occulder implant that they are doing in London as here fda did not approve will you think fda will approve
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.

I think, based on what you have posted, that you have come up with a very good solution to a complex problem.

The contact should not bother you, especially the gas perm one and as such it might need to be refitted. The gas perm one, of course, needs to be worn on a schedule of longer wear each day to get used to it so intermittent wear might be expected to cause some discomfort.

Putting in an intraocular lens occluder has a number of risks and that is one of the reasons the FDA has not approved it. Will the FDA approve it in the future? Your guess is as good as mine.....

So. What is the take home message?

I don't think I'd change anything at this point unless you wanted to have your doctors in London put in an IOL occluder -- which I can not, at this time recommend.

Does this make sense to you?