Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

My eye has been swollen shut when I wake up in morning. I

Customer Question

My eye has been swollen shut when I wake up in morning . I had a eye infection several months ago and the gave me Bacterium eye drops . I use to get eye infection a lot several years ago . Should I use the eye drops ? Go to Doctor?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with additional services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

Are you having any pain or feeling like something is in your eye?

Do you wear contacts?

Do you have any other symptoms?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No to the above
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.

Since you only have two eyes and eye issues tend to get worse, not better, with time if not diagnosed correctly...and the weekend is coming up rapidly...

I'd strongly suggest you see an eye doctor rather than put some old eye drops in your eyes and hope things get better -- and not worse.

Does this make sense to you?

Don't forget to mash the positive feedback button for me...the one labeled "excellent" is the most fun to push by far ;)

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS