Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

I have a tiny raised dot on the cornea of my eye over the

Customer Question

I have a tiny white raised dot on the cornea of my eye over the pupil. It feels like i have an eye lash in my eye.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with additional services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

Do you wear contacts?

How long has this been present?

Any chance of getting an IN FOCUS picture of the spot?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not wear contacts and it doesn't affect my vision. However it does appear to be gone now after much blinking. Some goo was at the corner of my eye. My eye is really scratchy. Maybe it was a particle of something?
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for that additional information.

Ahhhhh...it might just be a particle of goo but then again it might also be a corneal ulcer.

A corneal ulcer is an infection of the "meat" of your eyeball. In some cases it can lead to very severe, and sometimes permanent, loss of vision......

And the longer the delay in getting on the correct therapy, the worse things get.....

Of course, you might have just scratched your cornea by trying to get the gunk out of the corner of your eye.

If this is the case, you should be back to normal by the morning or so....of course, a corneal ulcer might be 500% worse in the morning...

So. What to do?

The most important thing is to get a good eye exam and find out exactly what is going on. If it is an ulcer treatment can be started right away.

Unfortunately, the only way to tell if you are suffering from a possibly sight threatening condition is to see a Doctor....and at this time of night that most likely means a trip to the Emergency Room.

While I can understand your reluctance to go to the ER tonight I, truly believe that is your safest bet. You only have two eyes after all.....

Does this make sense to you?

Don't forget to mash the positive feedback button for me...the one labeled "excellent" is the most fun to push by far ;)

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Ophthalmology

Diseases of the Retina & Vitreous

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.

Let me know how things turn out :)