Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

I am looking ophthalmologist who is willing to operate in

Customer Question

I am looking for an ophthalmologist who is willing to operate in Public hospitalafter I visit him in his practice privately.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 12 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with additional services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

You will have to find an ophthalmologist who has privileges to operate in a public hospital. A doctor can not just show up and and ask to use the operating room...she has to go through a long and complicated application and credentialing process first.

You would probably be better off consulting with an eye surgeon who is already part of the public sector for your surgery. These doctors are, in the vast majority of cases, just as skilled as the private MDs.

Does this make sense to you?

Surely, you prefer that I tell the truth rather than what you wish to hear. Because it reflects very poorly on me unless you press one of the top three feedback choices, keep this in mind when rating my answer and please do not punish me for being honest. I understand that this may not be easy to hear, and I empathize.

Even though my answer was not quite what you were hoping for, please understand that my priority was to provide you with the most honest information. With that in consideration, I hope that you found my answer useful. Please click the excellent feedback button so that I can receive credit for my efforts.

Dr. Rick MD FACS