Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS Ophthalmology with 13 years of surgical expereince
25407765

A few days ago, the left side of my chest way hurting really

Customer Question

A few days ago, the left side of my chest way hurting really bad. Then a day later for the whole day my eye was twixhing
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. A.S. Desai replied 1 year ago.

I would not consider a chest pain on the left side to be necessarily of cardiac origin in a young healthy male unless there are predisposing factors like a compromised health. If the chest pain was very brief without any sweating, breathlessness and felt more like a muscular pain then I guess nothing to worry. However any chest pain on the left side if persistent or recurrent needs to be evaluated by a physician without fail. As for the twitching of the eye, it is called eyelid myokymia. It occurs mostly due to misfiring of impulses at the neuro-muscular junction and does not imply anything serious. It disappears on its own and tends to worsen with more attention. The duration varies from person to person and can takes hours or even months to disappear. Taking oral Vitamin B complex helps( once daily).