Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology
36528250

I have glaucoma. my doctor put me on eye drops which brought

Customer Question

Customer: I have glaucoma. my doctor put me on eye drops which brought the pressure down to 24. The doctor didn't think they were working so he suggested laser surgery. My eye pressure was 34 before the surgery and after the surgery it went to 35. Is this normal or will it come down.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have been treated for glaucoma for 30 years and had it under control. Then my pressure started to elevate. I was put on simbrenza for 6 months with not good enough results. It was 16 for the first 3 months and then elevated to 24.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Eye Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. A.S. Desai replied 12 months ago.

Thank you for the question.

I need to ask you a few questions here.

Do you know what surgery was performed- was it a laser trabeculoplasty done in the office or was it surgical trabeculoplasty done in the major Operation theatre?

What are the names of the eye drops currently being used?

We're you told that you have optic nerve damage and corresponding visual field changes?

Is the pressure high in both eyes or only one eye?

This is just an information request. I look forward to your reply.

Thank you.