Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

My name is ***** *****. I have had constant headaches six

Customer Question

Customer: Hello, my name is ***** *****. I have had constant headaches for over six years. If i am walking, I can stop and regroup when they become severe. because I get lighted However, when driving, I get a burning sensation on my right side and then feel like I am about to pass out and have to pullover. Because of this, I have only been able to drive short distances. I have had mri's, visited ear, nose and throat specialists, cardiologists and neurologists. The only thing I have been told is that it does not sound like muscular dystrophy. But, there are times when I am walking, my legs feel numb.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I was involved in a pedestrain/car accident that resulted in a closed head injury of a fractured skull and right eye injury over 30 years ago. Tests show that the skull no longer shows a fracture. This also resulted in a broken bone in my neck. Surgery repositioned the eye. I was also hit in the right eye with a baseball at a Tigers baseball game.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $34) to post your type of question to Medical Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.

It sounds like you have spent quite some time trying to get to the bottom of what is going on. I am sure that your previous doctors have thought of, and ruled out, all of the common and easily treatable conditions that could be causing your issues. Would you say this is a correct statement?

Well I think it might be time for you to take a very difficult, and bold, step to see if you can get some relief.

At this point I think the best thing for you to do would be to gather up copies of all your medical records and travel to a large University Teaching hospital. At an institution like that you could be evaluated and treated by a team of sub-specialists who are at the cutting edge of their respective fields. The best thing about these large teaching hospitals is that consultations are available with Professors and leaders in their field by just walking a few steps down the hall.

The Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota is an excellent example of just such a place as this. That being said there are many excellent teaching hospitals all across the country and I am sure that there is one near you.

I know that it is going to take significant effort on your part, but I believe that going to one of the "Medical Mecca's" is your best chance to – finally -- get to the bottom of what is going on.

Does this make sense to you?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned the top rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS