Dr. Abid
Dr. Abid, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS(R)
16766337

A couple of days ago I started seeing halos around lights in

Customer Question

A couple of days ago I started seeing halos around lights in one eye.
It seems to get worse throughout the day, then better in the morning.
If I close my eyes for a minute, it goes away, then the halos return in about a minute.
No pain, dizziness, nausea, damage to my eye, redness, swelling, or anything else wrong with me or my eye that I've noticed. If I'm not looking at something bright, my vision seems fairly normal through the eye--maybe a bit blurry, but it's hard to tell because I wear glasses because I'm near-sighted.
The only thing that's happened to my eye in recent memory is an intermittent bump on the inside of my eyelid on the same eye. It irrites my eye and gets red, then goes away after a day or two of hot compresses. That's been going on for six months.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 1 year ago.

Hi there ...

Thank you for your question ...

As you have issue of halos for last 6 months , this need slit light eye examination to rule out corneal opacities , as eye is delicate and very important organ so you should get immediate eye examination .

In most of cases halos are not dangerous and are of no concern , but still once eye examination is mandatory .

Regards ***** ***** luck .

Please leave positive feedback for me .

Thanks .