Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

One of my lacrimal caruncles is significantly redder and

Customer Question

One of my lacrimal caruncles is significantly redder and more swollen than the other, and the eye is spilling over with tears. I've rinsed the eye with boric acid, and that seemed to help, but other than the tearing, there is no itchiness or strange discharge.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with additional services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

How long has this been going on ?

Do you wear contacts?

Can you upload a IN FOCUS picture of the puncta?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Since yesterday, yes but I have removed them, not sure how to upload the picture, and I take a hormonal suppressant called Flutomide and birth control.
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for that additional information.

Can you take a close up "selfie" with your cell phone, then email it to yourself, then save that on your desktop and then attach it here?

Is there any white spots on your cornea (the clear part of your eye that your contact sit on)?

Did you sleep in your contacts?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There do not appear to be any white spots, yes (contacts designed to be slept in), and here are two pictures - the first is the injured eye, the second is the uninjured one.
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.

The pictures are so out of focus that I can not obtain any information from them.

The safest thing to do?

Have an eye doctor take a look at your eye today to make sure that you do not have something serious such as a corneal ulcer.

Does this make sense to you?

Don't forget to mash the positive feedback button for me...the one labeled "excellent" is the most fun to push by far ;)

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS