Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS Ophthalmology with 13 years of surgical expereince
25407765

I had cataract surgery with a toric lens implant 10 days

Customer Question

I had cataract surgery with a toric lens implant for astigmatism 10 days ago. The vision in my operated on eye was excellent until this morning. Now my distance vision is blurry and a little cloudy (I think.) Is this normal? Will it correct itself? I have a call in to my ophthalmologist, but he is not available today.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. A.S. Desai replied 1 year ago.

Was this blurring of vision very sudden in onset?

Does the vision improve on blinking?

Is there any associated redness/pain/watering from that eye?

This is just an information request. I look forward to your replies.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My vision was perfect yesterday. This morning, when I woke up, it was blurred. There is no redness or watering in that eye. Blinking may help, but only a very little bit.

Thank you for the prompt reply and additional information.

In that case it seems more likely to be a mild corneal edema since it occurred on waking up , is painless and was preceded with good vision. There can be other causes in the fundus also but are less common and do not occur in an otherwise healthy eye. However this can only be confirmed after an eye exam by your ophthalmologist. Until then it makes sense to continue with the prescribed eye drops . Avoid rubbing that eye . Keep blood sugar levels under good control, if not controlled.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay. Thank you very much. My doctor's office just called and I have an appointment this afternoon. You have eased my mind, however. Hopefully, it will not be anything serious.

Yes, Don't worry and get yourself all stressed up. It might be something very trivial and should disappear with the prescribed medicines. My best wishes are with you and have a good day!