Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I have a blood spot in my eye that looks like like a burst

Customer Question

Hi. I have a blood spot in my eye that looks like like a burst vessel. Yesterday morning it was there when I woke. By the afternoon it wasn't a circle and looked like it had started to disperse. Now. It is moving as a whole unit towards my pupil and colored portion (iris?). It's Sunday and I am wondering if it is ER worthy
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.

Hi and thanks for the query.

This is a subconjunctival hemorrhage and the blood that collects under the clear surface of the eye appears to move around till it resolves. It is not something that prompts an ER visit. However, if you experience any headache, increase in blood pressure or pain or watering of the eye, an ER visit can be made. In the absence of these symptoms, you can wait.

Hope this helps.

Please do leave a positive rating for the service.

Best wishes.