Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

3 weeks ago I suddenly felt extremely lethargic and my eyes

Customer Question

3 weeks ago I suddenly felt extremely lethargic and my eyes felt like I had been crying all day long. People kept commenting on how tired I looked. I also had decreased sense if smell. A week later I developed an URI. I'm still recovering, but am still left with that eye pressure sensation and am extremely exhausted. Smell and taste still dull. No nasal congestion, just post nasal drainage.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.

Hi and thanks for the query.

Often after viral upper respiratory tract infections, the post viral phase lasts for 4 to 6 weeks. The best thing to do in this time is to keep yourself well hydrated and not stress the body a lot, chicken soup has been proven to boost immunity and decrease the post viral infection symptoms, so having a bowl a day will be beneificial. The smell and the taste sensation will improve given time and so will the eye pressure.

However, if you develop any additional symptoms like discharge from the eye, nose or ears, fever, extreme malaise and lethargy - you should not hesitate to contact your physician.

Hope this helps.

Please do leave a positive rating for the service.

Let me know if there are any concerns.

Best.