Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology
36528250

I recently had a cataract removed. My question is what does

Customer Question

I recently had a cataract removed. My question is what does 21.0D mean?
Category: Eye
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was under the impression you would just answer my question. Apparently that is not the case. Will you please disregard any and all of my information I sent re: my credit card ? I will be watching my account for any charges. Sorry for the misunderstanding on my part.
Expert:  Dr. Dan B. replied 1 year ago.

This refers to the power of the lens implant that was placed in your eye. The D stands for Diopters, which is a unit of measurement of power that the lens implants are measured in. An average power for an implant is approximately 20 diopters. Does that make sense?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your response to my question. Will I be charged for this, if so, how much and when do I need to look for the charge on my credit card?
Expert:  Dr. Dan B. replied 1 year ago.

I don't know exactly how much, but I suspect it is likely around $28. I'm not an employee of the website, but am an end user like yourself who is just an expert answering the questions. I suspect it would show up on your credit card in the next 24-72 hours. Do you have any other questions about this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Am I right in assuming this is a one-time charge? Because as I said earlier I DO NOT want to join any programs.
Expert:  Dr. Dan B. replied 1 year ago.

From what I can to all, that's correct. Just because you pay for the answer to this one question, does not mean you're signed up for the service. Ultimately, though, you need to contact the customer service for this website to make sure.