Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

I have Fibromyalgia, Sjogrens, (not lupus), Crohn's and auto

Customer Question

I have Fibromyalgia, Sjogrens, (not lupus), Crohn's and auto immune deficiency as well as congenital Deafness.
For 16 months I have been experiencing truly awful left inner corner eye odour. I fanatically wash my face, eyes and hands.
I still have tear ducts implanted in the corner of each eye. I also use Restatis (sp?) Eye drops. Due to the terrible odour emanating from my inner corner of my left eye, I don't dare re-use the same eye drop.
My Ophthalmologist tells me there's no such thing as bad odour emanating from ones eye.
I'm rather frustrated. Perhaps I'm the only one who can smell it. It's a terribly offensive odour.
I have annoying "floaters"for several years now.
However, a rather "new" occurrence that started roughly in June or maybe July has been, fogginess. It does eventually disipate after several minutes. I also experience blurriness which drives me insane as I love to read. Numerous times throughout the day I must remove yellowish '
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with additional services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

Can you upload a picture of the part of your eye that is causing the smell?

Can you smell this all the time?

Can your friends, family and doctors sniff the corner of your eye and also experience this terrible odor?

Have you been examined by an ophthalmologist (Eye MD)?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.