eyesight2020
eyesight2020, Optometrist
Experience:  provide eyecare information for adults and children
63511224

I has cataract surgery this week on my right eye and the

Customer Question

Hi, I has cataract surgery this week on my right eye and the procedure was paid by my medicare A & B. I also Have United Healthcare/ Mutual of Omaha supplemental Plan F low deductible. Next week, I have my left eye cataract surgery and due to a different lens requirement there is a cost that the Doc say won't be covered by Medicare. My question is would this procedure normally be covered by Supplemental Plan F? Can you answer or suggest best way for me to approach the question before I shell out $ 1500? Thanks
Category: Eye
Expert:  eyesight2020 replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Since there are so many plans on the market,it would be best for you to contact your insurance plans directly with the information about the implant that you have.They could probably assist you better.

It could be the procedure itself or the specific implant that is being used in which case it would not be covered by your insurances.

I would call the doctors office to get more specifics and then the insurance.

If this has answered your question please rate it.If not feel free to ask more questions.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks

Your Welcome

Hello

I believe I was not able to see the Picture