Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

My 6 year old daughter got some eye-shadow in her eye

Customer Question

My 6 year old daughter got some eye-shadow in her eye earlier and now eyelids are swollen shut.. Not painful but gooey.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with additional services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

Eye shadow should not cause that.....

How long ago did this happen?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Today at school some time after 12. When I picked her up her eyes were white, not gooey, but it rapidly got worse. She's sleeping now, but it's swollen and constantly gooey. I agree it can't be the eye-shadow.. But its certainly an infection.. her doesn't hurt she says, doesn't feel scratchy.. She does not have any allergies also.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was going to take her to pediatrician in the morning
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I picked her up from school it almost looked like a lazy eye but not red or gooey
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.

That sounds like a good plan as the eye shadow, unless it has caused a corneal ulcer, would not incite such a reaction.

I hope she feels better soon.

Don't forget to mash the positive (excellent is the most fun to push) feedback button.....without this important step on your part the funds you left on deposit are not released and my kids will spend another cold winter barefoot ;)

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I don't go up in a puff of smoke -- I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS