Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology
36528250

I poked my eye with the earpiece of my eyeglasses My eye is

Customer Question

I poked my eye with the earpiece of my eyeglasses My eye is not read and I can see - is there any cause for concern. I had cataract operations 2 1/2 year ago and I have glaucoma
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Dan B. replied 1 year ago.

If the eye is not red, you're not having significant pain, you're not light-sensitive, and the vision is not changed, you are likely just fine. You can use some artificial tears like Refresh or Systane a few times per day for the next few days to help if there is minor irritation. But if your irritation persists or worsens, then you should see your ophthalmologist; alternatively, there's nothing wrong with going to get it checked out if you're worried. Does this make sense?

Expert:  Dr. Dan B. replied 1 year ago.

Does this information help address your concerns? Do you have any other questions about this?

happy to be able to help you today. If you need any clarification regarding anything I've said, please let me know and I will be happy to address your concerns as you voice them. If your concerns have been resolved...

Your feedback is important to me and will help me improve my encounter with future customers. Please rate your encounter with me by providing positive feedback; any bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. If you feel like your concerns are not resolved or you have a problem or issue with anything I have said or haven’t said, please don’t issue a negative feedback rating—My goal is your satisfaction and I would rather work together to solve your concerns, until you are satisfied, than have you leave our encounter unhappy and unsatisfied.

My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor. Thanks for your inquiry!