Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology
36528250

The outer corner of my eye is dry and i have to constantly

Customer Question

Hello
the outer corner of my eye is dry and i have to constantly use coconut oil to sooth it. it gets itchy at times. I have stopped using makeup but it still remains the case and if I do not use coconut oil every 4-5 hours it will get dry and a bit (very little) flaky. I went to a dermatologist which was of no help cause when I was there my eye seemed normal. I am all over the internet so see what I can find. there is no discharge...nothing but dryness and some times itching of the outer corner (not the side that has the gland and is close to the nose.. the other corner) of my eye. it is not inside my eye, rather only the skin which is outside the eye and it is mostly irate on my right side
Thanks for our hep in advance
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Please attach a picture