Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

I had a phlegm in my mouth and was about to it out but then

Customer Question

I had a phlegm in my mouth and was about to spit it out but then I had to cough so I put my tongue on the roof of my mouth and coughed . This caused the most extreme pain on my left side of my face . No pain on right side. The pain is on my left side of face , temple and around eyes a little . I have no fever . I woke up with extreme anxiety because I still feel the stiffness on my left side of my face so I'm really worried . Could I have popped a blood vessel or caused a aneurysm???
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with additional services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

No. I very much doubt that you popped a blood vessel or case an aneurysm.

You should be just fine.

I suggest you go out for walk and enjoy this wonderful fall day which should help calm things down.

I am sure that you will be back to normal soon.

Does this make sense to you?

Don't forget to mash the positive (excellent is the most fun to push) feedback button.....without this important step on your part the funds you left on deposit are not released and my kids will spend another cold winter barefoot ;)

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I don't go up in a puff of smoke -- I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS