Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc
24257177

In July I had a blind spot that developed in my eye and went

Customer Question

In July I had a blind spot that developed in my eye and went to the eye doctor. I was told it was an hora to a migraine and that it would eventually go away. It is now October and the spot has gotten bigger. It is in my central vision and right before this happened I would complain about dim lights hurting my eyes. I am starting to get worried but am afraid to go back to the ophthalmologist because he dilated one eye and spent all of 5 minutes with me( I had been to see an ophthalmologist earlier this year,in February) and he made it seem like a waste of his time since I had a history of migraines. the spot is always there, it kind of glistens.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 1 year ago.

Hello

In fact the answer is to go right back to an opthalmologist, preferably the same one.

A migraine aura is not constant like this.

Also, what can not be seen on exam initially can often be seen on exam

after progression.

Many problems could cause this, from macular degeneration, to a brain problem.

First step...opthalmology follow up.

OK, so that is an initial answer….

Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.

OK, so that is an initial answer….