Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

I need a prescription Alphagan eye drops - bad botox

Customer Question

I need a prescription for some Alphagan eye drops - bad botox accident. My regular GP is on holiday and there is no answer from her office. Is this something that your service can provide?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. I am an ophthalmologist.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with additional services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

I'm not quite sure what you think alphagan will do to help with a "bad botox accident". Can you enlighten me?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Eyelid ptosis. The alphagan should help lift the eyelid a mm or two - which at this point would be welcome. Are you able to write prescriptions?
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.

No it won't; especially after botox injection has caused a secondary ptosis.....

Do you still want it, even when I can tell you with 110% certainty that it will not help with your issue at all?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
its not a secondary ptosis. I think I need to talk to a real doctor. thanks anyway.
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.

I am a real doctor who has used botox on thousands of patients over the last two decades.........

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.

The only way to accomplishing this goal that I know of is to use a telemedicine service. By using this type of service, you will get a phone call from a doctor who has a license in the state in which you legally reside.

There are certain medications that cannot be prescribed via telemedicine. The most obvious are narcotics and psychotropics. The best sites that I know of to provide the possibility of obtaining prescriptions without a doctors’ visit is :

http://www.consultadr.com/

http://www.edrugstore.md/

http://www.lloydspharmacy.com/

http://buydrug247.com/

drugstore.com

rxdirect.com

I wish I could help you but it is illegal for me, personally, to prescribe any medication online. Giving an Rx requires that a doctor/patient relationship be formed with a face to face meeting and the need for medication -- be it an antibiotic, viagra or strong pain pills -- be documented in the medial record.

If I was to call in an Rx for you I would lose my medical license and, quite possibly, go to jail.

It this doesn't work for you the the next best thing you can do is try to get your regular doctor to understand your needs and give you the medicine you require. Another option, of course, would be to go to ER. However, I can understand how difficult this would be for you given your current situation.

Does this make sense to you?

Don't forget to mash the positive feedback button for me...the one labeled "excellent" is the most fun to push by far ;)

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I don't go up in a puff of smoke -- I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS