Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

My right eye feels strange, almost like a numb feeling on

Customer Question

My right eye feels strange, almost like a numb feeling on the top in the middle.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for requesting me.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with additional services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

How long has this been going on?

Do you wear contacts?

Is your vision affected at all?

Are there any changes in the skin that you can see?

Do you have any other symptoms?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's been going on a couple of days.
No I do not wear contacts.
I don't think it has affected my vision, maybe a bit blurry in that eye with distance viewing while driving.
No changes to skin that I can see.
Maybe a
A bit of a film when I blink but goes away when I blink again.
No other medical issues.
I take calcium and vitamin D.
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.

It is possible that you are at the early stages of a viral outbreak, such as shingles etc.

It might also be part of a very early stye, although this is less likely.

So. What should you do?

Watch the area over the weekend for any skin changes. If you get any pimples, change in skin texture etc then have your doctor take a look.

Otherwise, I'd just watch things and wait....

Does this make sense to you?

Don't forget to mash the positive (excellent is the most fun to push) feedback button.....without this important step on your part the funds you left on deposit are not released and my kids will spend another cold winter barefoot ;)

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I don't go up in a puff of smoke -- I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS