Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

I am curious about what could be wrong with me. I seen an

Customer Question

I am curious about what could be wrong with me. I seen an ear dr I know and she said I had a good deal of fluid on my ears and I have had problems with them. Then I woke up a few days ago and my left eye was very dry feeling and irritated so I went to eye doctor. They said it had some discharge and prescribed me some drops. I do not know the name of them since the bottle doesn't have a name it does say the following. (Neomycin and polymyxin B sulfates and decamethasone ophthalmic suspension) they did help but it's not 100% better. But my main concern is my head on both sides around temples and back to ears have been irritated, it's kinda like it all feels infected. It has gotten much better at times and goes back. It is now better than when it started but am wondering what could be going on. Also I do have sinus pressure between eyes and at top of nose.
Category: Eye
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I see this is listed as an optometry question. I'm not sure that is right.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also my throat began getting a bit sore yesterday when everything else seemed to be getting a bit better
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with additional services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

Did you see an ophthalmologist or an optometrist?

Do you have allergies in general?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have any known health issues besides hypogonadism due to an injury when younger. I do have ragweed allergies and I take a half cc of 200mg depotestoterone once a week for the hypogonadism
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for that additional information.

It sounds like you have spent quite some time trying to get to the bottom of what is going on. I am sure that your previous doctors have thought of, and ruled out, all of the common and easily treatable conditions that could be causing your issues. Would you say this is a correct statement?

Well I think it might be time for you to take a very difficult, and bold, step to see if you can get some relief.

At this point I think the best thing for you to do would be to gather up copies of all your medical records and travel to a large University Teaching hospital. At an institution like that you could be evaluated and treated by a team of sub-specialists who are at the cutting edge of their respective fields. The best thing about these large teaching hospitals is that consultations are available with Professors and leaders in their field by just walking a few steps down the hall.

The Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota is an excellent example of just such a place as this. That being said there are many excellent teaching hospitals all across the country and I am sure that there is one near you.

I know that it is going to take significant effort on your part, but I believe that going to one of the "Medical Mecca's" is your best chance to – finally -- get to the bottom of what is going on.

Does this make sense to you?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned the top rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS