Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS Ophthalmology with 13 years of surgical expereince
25407765

I am a brand new contact lense wearer. I wear a soft lense

Customer Question

I am a brand new contact lense wearer. I wear a soft lense in my left eye only. I went to Turkish baths today, and took saunas and showers. I didn't sumberge my head. I can't tell if my lense is still in or not! I can't see it, and have been lubricating
my eye and trying to find it for over an hour! I was supposed to remove it 4 hours ago. Should I try to do something more? Could it have washed out? Could it be dried out and stuck to my eye? I don't want to get an infection.
Category: Eye
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I forgot to add that the lense is single use 1 day acuvue moist
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr. A.S. Desai replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the question.

The best way to know whether the lens is still in the eye is to check for the vision in that eye. If the vision is good then it is likely that the lens is still in the eye. However blurring of vision in that is is likely to be due to the contact lens being out of the eye .

If you are still in doubt, then just sit in front of a mirror and in presence of good bright light such as a bright torchlight, just look for the edge of the contact lens. Invariably the lens just gets beneath the upper eyelid on the white part of the eye. Once located, just slide it to the centre and remove it normally the way you do.

It is good that you have kept the eyes lubricated which can be continued for another day or so.

Hope this helps and you find your contact lens soon.

I am just following up with you to know whether you found the contact lens and finally managed to get it out of the eye. Do let me know the above and whether you found the answer useful. If you found the answer up to your satisfaction then please do rate the response accordingly.

Thank you and best wishes