DrHoellering
DrHoellering, Doctor
Experience:  Doctor of internal and general medicine self employed
61885400

I got a lice shampoo in my eyes. I washed them out with

Customer Question

I got a lice shampoo in my eyes. I washed them out with water but there are halos around all the lights any everything is a little hazy
Category: Eye
Expert:  DrHoellering replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

this is uncomfortable but not dangerous. The shampoo irritates the tear film on your eyes, which blurs your vision. Since the tap water doesn't contain 0,9% salt like our body fluids, it irritates the eyes, too and leads to inflammation and reddening. Nevertheless, washing out your eyes was the right thing to do.

If you have soothing eyedrops or artificial tears, they might be helpful. If not, keep your eyes closed for a while to restore the tear film.

Please see a doctor when you get pus in your eye or a blurry vision which doesn't recover within the next couple of hours.

I wish you a soon recovery!

How is your eye today?

You have read my answer but didn't give a positive rating yet. Is something still not clear? Feel free to ask!

Otherwise please hit the positive (hopefully excellent) feedback button for me, because only then I will receive credit for my help. Thank you!