Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology
36528250

I had YAG surgery in January. I told my surgeon that my

Customer Question

I had YAG surgery for PCO in January. I told my surgeon that my night vision (starburst/light scatter) was worst after surgery. His comment was "I don't know what to tell you." My understanding is a second YAG is necessary in cases where the opening in the capsule is smaller than the pupil at night dialation. My surgeon did say that my eyes have large pupils. Please advise.
Craig
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Dan B. replied 1 year ago.

You are correct. If the pupil dilates at night to a greater diameter than the opening made with a YAG laser then you still may certainly have persistent symptoms. For that reason, I tend to make the openings on the larger side. I think it's definitely worth discussing a repeat procedure to provide a larger opening. If the surgeon is unwilling to have that conversation, then it's likely worth getting a second opinion. Does this make sense?

Expert:  Dr. Dan B. replied 1 year ago.

Does this information help address your concerns? Do you have any other questions about this?

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you need any clarification regarding anything I've said, please let me know and I will be happy to address your concerns as you voice them. If your concerns have been resolved...

Your feedback is important to me and will help me improve my encounter with future customers. Please rate your encounter with me by providing positive feedback; any bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. If you feel like your concerns are not resolved or you have a problem or issue with anything I have said or haven’t said, please don’t issue a negative feedback rating—My goal is your satisfaction and I would rather work together to solve your concerns, until you are satisfied, than have you leave our encounter unhappy and unsatisfied.

My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor. Thanks for your inquiry!