Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

At 10 this morning I started noticing an orange circle in my

Customer Question

At 10 this morning I started noticing an orange circle in my vision on right eye. In this circle, I see slanted vision. I'm in er. No one to help me. What does this sound like?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.

Any other medical issues

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No, but after researching, seems I may have csr or something. What you think?

could be detached retina. Are they checking for this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

They said symptoms don't look like detached retna. I have just a round perfect circle that is orange tint where the distortion is present.bwhat is weird I woke up fine just from one second to next this occurred.

Okay. are they referring you to an ophthalmologist?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes, but I wanted an eye doctor here to give me some insight to make sure the ophthalmologist does what should

I think you need a full dilated exam and I think this is a detached retina

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am not getting any of the following symptoms.

Symptoms include a sudden or gradual increase in either the number of floaters, which are little “cobwebs” or specks that float about in your field of vision, and/or light flashes in theeye. Another symptom is the appearance of a curtain over the field of vision. A retinal detachment is a medical emergency.

I understand what the text book says. However, detached retinas do present like this

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Have you ever heard of central serous retinopathy?

Of course.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Why are you ruling out this?

I didn't rule if out. Its just less likely.

Usually presents with sudden painless vision loss

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Check this specialist site out.http://www.rvscny.com/centralserouschorioretinopathy.html

My exact symptoms

The medical community today gave me no choice but to look at the internet for diagnosis as no specialist wanted to see me. They are all spitting on the Hippocratic Oath. And just for nothing they are going to send me a big fat medical bill regardless if I wake up blind tommorow.

Yes, very possible. It is in the realm of possibles.

I still suspect a retinal detachment

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Please opt out so a true eye specialist can take over.

No problem. I will be happy to opt out for you

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

I am a retina surgeon.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with additional services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

No matter what the Evil Dr. Google tells you, I would not rush to blame your visual problems on CSR.

You have not given any information about your age, medical issues or medications you take and, as such, it is difficult to come up with a useful differential diagnosis for your symptoms.

That being said, I agree: Doesn't sound like a retinal detachment. And, most likely, your pathology will be located in your macula.

A dilated exam and, possibly, ancillary testing such as a fluorescien angiogram or OCT, should be able to pinpoint the pathology for you.

Any ophthalmologist (not optometrist) will be able to help you...there is no need for you to peruse the internet to make sure the Eye MD does the right thing during her exam.

Does this make sense to you?

Don't forget to mash the positive (excellent is the most fun to push) feedback button.....without this important step on your part the funds you left on deposit are not released and my kids will spend another cold winter barefoot ;)

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I don't go up in a puff of smoke -- I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

If you have a moment please drop me a note and let me know what your ophthalmologist finds.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes, I'm on no medication, just from one moment to the other this happened. I was a LASIK patient 4 years ago. No pain,etc. I thought macula degeneration happens slowly not perfect one second then the worst another second. Doesn't make sense. Also, I'm 37.

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for that additional information.

And, after almost three decades of being a retina specialist, it makes perfect sense.....

I'm glad you have plans to see an ophthalmologist today.

Don't forget to mash the positive feedback button for me...the one labeled "excellent" is the most fun to push by far ;)

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

just what I thought. It is CSR

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The good ole evil Dr. Google diagnosed me correctly. Much cheaper then the doctors :)

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.

Dr. Google is doing better retinal exam then he used to....I have to wonder why I bothered to go through a Retina fellowship at all since I am now obsolete...... :(

I realize that this was not the answer you were hoping to hear but it would be unfair to you and unprofessional of me were I provide you with anything less than truthful and honest information.

Surely, you prefer that I tell the truth rather than what you wish to hear. Because it reflects very poorly on me unless you press one of the top three feedback choices, keep this in mind when rating my answer and please do not punish me for being honest. I understand that this may not be easy to hear, and I empathize.

Even though my answer was not quite what you were hoping for, please understand that my priority was to provide you with the most honest information. With that in consideration, I hope that you found my answer useful. Please click the excellent feedback button so that I can receive credit for my efforts.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

doc, i was just playing with you, nothing personal. just was frustrated that no eye doctor was willing to see me on Sunday because they didnt want to alter their day off. kinda sucks. this could of been wet macular and my vision could of deteriated past return just for me waiting a day if it progressed further. kinda sucks, you know.

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.

yes, it does......

And I've come into the office many, many times on a Sunday over the last three decades......sorry to hear that there aren't any ophthalmologists in your area on call to see you on Sunday....

Best of luck to you.

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.

I hope you are better at making sure your live and-in-person MD gets compensated for their time then you are for your online MD's......

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yeah, my insurance, that i am forced to pay, will compensate my doctors well.

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.

I, unfortunately, will not be getting a check from your insurance company.

No extra charge to you to mash the positive feedback button....

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok, i have some more questions for you so you can earn it. I dont like to pay someone for them just to tell me to visit a specialist and we already know.

Please tell me all you know about CSR, and please dont copy and paste from evil Google. How long does the leaking usually take to stop without laser?