Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

My left eye is shrinking, I have had an OTC which looked

Customer Question

My left eye is shrinking, I have had an OTC which looked abnormal but the optometrist refused to elaborate and told me not to take any notice of it. I asked him to explain what appeared to be a yellow triangle an one aspect of the eye and instead of a black line at the bottom corresponding to the right eye there was just one black dot about the size of a O. I have noticed and explained to the optometrist that on occasions the pupil in my left eye is a little bigger than that of my right eye.
Can you explain to me why these problems are evident.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

I am an eye surgeon.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with additional services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

What do you mean that your eye is shrinking? What are you noticing that makes you feel it is shrinking?

Is your vision affected?

How long has this been going on for?

How old are you? Male/female?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.