Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology
36528250

I just splashed clorox in my eyes i have rinsed them with

Customer Question

i just splashed clorox in my eyes i have rinsed them with water and milk for the burning but they are red and painful. should i go to the doctor or wait
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Dan B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for your question. If the volume of bleach spilled in the eye was a lot, that is very likely you have a corneal abrasion and it would be a good idea to see your ophthalmologist. However if it were a very light exposure, you could consider using artificial tears several times per day alin that eye. If it improves then you wouldn't need to see your doctor, but if it got worse or didn't improve that you should go see her ophthalmologist. Does this make sense?