Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

On 8/16 I had some pain in my right testicle after

Customer Question

On 8/16 I had some pain in my right testicle after ejaculating. This was at night, probably between 10 and 11 pm. Was not mind numbing, but it did hurt.
I woke up on 8/17 and felt completely fine, no issues. At around 7pm experiences some soreness. I had gone to the gym but did not seem related.
Today, on 8/18 I have been experiencing discomfort all day. Not sharp or stabbing pain, and when sitting or not moving am fine, but as I walk I feel some soreness/discomfort/aching for lack of better descriptors.
I have experiences no issues with urinating and to my eye I see no swelling or other marks. I do not feel any difference in the testicle when touching it.
Am obviously very concerned. I cannot see a doctor for a few days, so wanted to try to get some perspective on what could be going on and if in range of anything nearing a medical emergency. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
Hi. I'm Dr. Rick and I have two decades of clinical experience. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.
You could have an infection, epididamytis, a partial torsion, a hernia....lots of things.
So. What is the best thing to do?
Get into a doctor, even your primary care MD would do for a start, and get this checked out. That is what I would do if it were my testicle....
Does this make sense to you?
Don't forget to mash the positive (excellent is the most fun to push) feedback button.....without this important step on your part the funds you left on deposit are not released and my kids will spend another cold winter barefoot ;)
It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I don't go up in a puff of smoke -- I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.
Dr. Rick MD FACS
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hey, getting it checked out does make sense; as I mentioned am planning on seeing a doctor ASAP.

I am trying to get some level of clarity (and I know without an exam it is very difficult to know or make a definitive call here) on how some level of what be going on. Does this sound extreme? From having read about torsions the pain associated with them is very extreme (which this is not) and there a myriad of side effects (which I am not feeling)

Does this seem like a more light weight or extreme issue? Any super serious concerns or signs of something like cancer? Just trying to get some level of handle and will get to a doctor ASAP.

If I cannot get to my primary care doctor is this something an urgent care/walk in in a major city would be able to help with?

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
From that data you have provided I would say this is not an emergency.
Nor it is something I'd wait a week to get checked out.
Nothing you have posted makes me think this is cancer.
So. What should you do?
1. No more orgasms until you get this looked at.
2. If it gets worse or you get new symptoms get in ASAP
3. I'd do your best to be seen in the next few days.....
4. If you can see an MD at a urgent care then that would be OK....but this is probably beyond the pay grade of a nurse or PA.
Does this make sense to you?
Don't forget to mash the positive feedback button for me...the one labeled "excellent" is the most fun to push by far ;)
Dr. Rick MD FACS
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Does a torsion seem likely given the lack of extremity and that the pain went away completely for some time?

Is this something that would be best for a urologist? If not, what type of doctor would you recommend?

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
I would put torsion farther down on the list...
A urologist would be the best trained MD for this issue but a primary care MD would work as a first step. If necessary, she could get you into see a urologist faster than you could on your own.
See the pretty Excellent feedback button? Don't be afraid. Give it a little push. You'll like it.....Trust me, I'm a Doctor ;)
I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.
Dr. Rick MD FACS
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok, am working on a doc appointment as we speak. Thoughts on what you would put on top of list, and how serious the issue (s) are? Not trying to be a nuisance, I live in a major city and getting into a doctor can be a real hassle am just trying to get my arms around this.

My primary care doctor is unavailable until September 1...working on another option but on a but of an island and obviously a bit scared.

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
We have already put together a list.
There is no need to get overly worried....and a list of everything it could possibly be (based on no exam and limited data) is of no value to anyone.
I realize that this was not the answer you were hoping to hear but it would be unfair to you and unprofessional of me were I provide you with anything less than truthful and honest information.
Surely, you prefer that I tell the truth rather than what you wish to hear. Because it reflects very poorly on me unless you press one of the top three feedback choices, keep this in mind when rating my answer and please do not punish me for being honest. I understand that this may not be easy to hear, and I empathize.
Even though my answer was not quite what you were hoping for, please understand that my priority was to provide you with the most honest information. With that in consideration, I hope that you found my answer useful. Please click the excellent feedback button so that I can receive credit for my efforts.
Dr. Rick MD FACS