Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Medical Doctor Trained at a Top Academic Institution
55099014

Im experiencing that my right eye becomes more sleepy or

Customer Question

Hi, Im experiencing that my right eye becomes more sleepy or smaller when i sleep on the left side. And sleeping on the right side puts a pressure on the right eye that sort of puts it in the right position, while sleeping on my left side makes it relaxed.
It might not be the eye that is the problem but the muscles around the eye and between my eyebrows. Like the muscles around the right eye relaxes when i lie on my left side but when i try to sleep on my right side and the pressure gets right i can feel the
muscles adjusting to the right position. It is difficult to explain it... I Know it is a weird problem and im not sure what kind of doctor to talk to this about, but you can therefore understand that i've been sleeping on my right side for a very long time
due to this problem, which has caused me huge sleeping problem since i am not comfortable lying on my right side for that long. It has affected me a lot and i would love to get an answer on how to solve this, my sleeping problem is affecting me too much! Thank
you /Erik
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.
any other medical issues?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had an eye muscle paralysis when i was a kid, my right eye pointed right for two weeks, but the problem fixed itself. Other then that im healthy!

Erik,

have you tried pinning yourself in the bed in a certain position?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You mean so i cant move? No, but because of this problem i always try to sleep on my right side, which (as i've mention) created a huge sleeping problem for me, which has made my body tilt to the right when i stand up and walk...Do you think i should pin myself in a certain position?

Yes, I do.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK, so in what position? in the position so that my eye gets in the "right" position and i cant fall asleep. Because thats where the problem is, i cant fall asleep on my right side. I've been to a sleep doctor and they found nothing, it's like breathing is harder because i lie on my right side too much...

maybe you have a deviated septum to that side.

an ear , nose and throat doctor might be able to help