Dr SH
Dr SH, Certified physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

We got new screens on my work. Sometimes I would get head

Customer Question

We got new screens on my work. Sometimes I would get head ache from looking at them.
10 days ago on my work, I had bad head-ache, nausea, problem focusing and was dizzy. In the weekend, these symptoms continued also on my home screen. Usually I don't have problems with that. But it's so bad, I have problems working with computers now. Last week, I had sick leave all week.
I asked my general physician to refer me to a neurologist, since I assumed it must be something in my brain. She instead insisted I go to an eye doctor. The eye doctors first time slot is in 7 days.
I returned to work today, monday. But I think I have to call in sick again, because I still had problems, even though I got my old screen back (which I didn't have problems with before).
I have always had "visual snow", but never had it examined. I told my physician, but she didn't pay any attention.
I'm a 34 YO man, and computer programmer.
What you think, I should do to recover?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr SH replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question.

Actually you need a consultation with an ophthalmologist and a neurologist.

Any person who has a recent onset headache must be fully evaluated.

So you will likely require a CT scan or MRI of your head to make sure we do not miss anything.

It could likely be a transient problem and something that will most likely improve in due course of time.

Plus, you should also look into your sleep, if you are getting appropriate sleep or not.

If your sleep routine is not too good, I would recommend that you should try your level best to improve it.

With the kind of work that you do, you require at least 6-8 hours of quality sleep.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Kind regards