Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

I woke up this morni ng with one swollen eye and it has been

Customer Question

I woke up this morni ng with one swollen eye and it has been red, beat red all day and irritated. I would assume this is some form of conjunctivitis. However, throughout the evening at work my left side of my face and neck has been achy and red and feels weird. Should I seek medical attention or wait it out?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
Hi. I'm Dr. Rick and I have two decades of ophthalmology experience. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.
From what you have posted, I believe it would be best for you to see a doctor as you might have a skin infection called cellulitis. Better safe than sorry....
Does this make sense to you?
Don't forget to mash the positive feedback button for me...the one labeled "excellent" is the most fun to push by far ;)
It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I don't go up in a puff of smoke -- I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.
Dr. Rick MD FACS