Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the field of Family Practice
13781349

I just noticed a black bruise over my right eyelid, below my

Customer Question

I just noticed a black bruise over my right eyelid, below my eyebrow. I'm on coumadin.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 1 year ago.

Hello!

Do you have pain there? Swelling? The occurrence of bruising will be more common on Coumadin. Have you had your Protlme checked recently? ( should be checked every few weeks...should be checked soon after any dose change)

The bruise itself would run its course and clear up over about 1 and 1/2 week. You would want to be sure that your Protime INR is at a good level for you ( typical treatment is goal of 2 to 2.5 but varies according to the reason for treatment)

I hope that this information is helpful for you.Let me know if you have further questions or discussion.I will be happy to get back with you.If my answers have been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback.Thank You and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD