Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

Yesterday around 9:30 p.m. I accidently splashed a drop of

Customer Question

Yesterday around 9:30 p.m. I accidently splashed a drop of hot oil on my eyeball. I immediately is used one time use saline rinse. This morning might eye begin to hurt. My eye is irritated and slight pain occurs every 15 minutes. What should I do?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
Hi. I'm Dr. Rick and I have two decades of ophthalmology experience. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.
Were you wearing contacts at the time?
Is your vision affected a lot?
Can you upload a IN FOCUS picture of your eye? This is one way to upload a picture?
Please see this helpful page:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
Here is one way:
type a word in the textbox and highlight it
then select the "chain" icon above the textbox or the paper clip icon to upload a jpg
this opens a window where you can click next to the text box to select the jpg or pdf file on your computer to upload into JustAnswer
Or you can use this site:
Save your picture on your computer, someplace easy to find it such as your desktop.
Go to www.tinypic.com
Upload your picture to the site tinypic.com by browsing for it as directed.
This opens up files on your computer. Double click on the picture you want to upload then hit open (bottom right of the screen). This will take you back to the tinypic page. Hit "upload now" then do the secret code thing and your picture will upload into the system.
Once you do that it gives you a bunch of links you can use, one of which says "direct link for layouts" It is important to use this box. It is the forth one down from the top of the page.
Copy the link from inside this box and then paste it into your justanswer dialog box and send it to your expert.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Vision is not affected .i eye just hurts. Anything use to relieve pain
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
Well, the problem with just putting something on it at home is that you may have burned off your corneal epithelium which,in addition to causing the pain you are having, lead to a very serious, sometimes even blinding, infection.
If I were you? I'd get into see an ophthalmologist this morning so you can know the exact extent of your injuries. This way, if necessary, you can get some prescription antibiotic drops etc.
Might it heal up on its own with a little lacrilube ointment to goop up your eye? Yup. But you only have two eyes.....
Does this make sense to you?
Don't forget to mash the positive (excellent is the most fun to push) feedback button.....without this important step on your part the funds you left on deposit are not released and my kids will spend another cold winter barefoot ;)
It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I don't go up in a puff of smoke -- I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.
Dr. Rick MD FACS