Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS Ophthalmology with 13 years of surgical expereince
25407765

I currently have a corneal scar and corneal

Customer Question

I currently have a corneal scar and corneal neovascularization. I have been treated off and on for three months and they just said that it will never heal. I have constant tightness and a feeling like something is in my eye. Will it every go back to feeling
normal? What can be done?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. A.S. Desai replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the question.

Corneal neovascularization can be treated with topical steroid eye drops such as loteprednisolone eye drops, 1 drop 4-6 times a day along with oral Doxycycline, 100 mg, 1 tablet twice a day for 2 weeks. Lubricating eye drops such as Refresh tears eye drops, 1 drop 4 times a day can be used to soothe the eye. If the above treatment regime does not help then topical Avastin or sub-conjunctival Avastin injection( into the white part of the eye) can be tried ( however this is still experimental and is not covered under insurance and requires special consent). Lasers can be used to close the new vessels but need to be used very carefully as complications can occur. I guess topical steroid remains a better option with Doxycycline tablets.

If you need more help, please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my service.
Thank you and best wishes.
It was a pleasure to have answered this question.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Views expressed are for information purpose only and cannot substitute a visit to an ophthalmologist
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had severe conjuctivitis that caused the scar and now they say it's dry eye causing my symptoms. Does severe conjuctivitis causse extreme dry eye and can that be cured?