Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

Are yellow eyes following food poisoning serious? The

Customer Question

Are yellow eyes following food poisoning serious? The vomiting and diarrhoea have stopped.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
Hi. I'm Dr. Rick and I have two decades of ophthalmology experience. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.
Yes. It could be a sign that your liver has been damaged.
If you are feeling better there is probably no need to rush to the ER tonight, but I would try to see your primary care MD tomorrow if possible just for some blood tests if she thinks it is needed.
Better safe than sorry....
Does this make sense to you?
Don't forget to mash the positive feedback button for me...the one labeled "excellent" is the most fun to push by far ;)
It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I don't go up in a puff of smoke -- I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.
Dr. Rick MD FACS