Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

I have had a vitreous haemorrhage now week in right eye

Customer Question

Hi dr I have had a vitreous haemorrhage now for a week in right eye vision blurry and poor. One Opthamologist thought retina ok and collapse of vitreous caused blood vessel leaks second opinion says he can't see behind blood at base if retina to overrule tear or detachment but ultrasound from what he can see shows retina flat and looks ok.
Problem I'm flying to USA in Tuesday next is this safe?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with additional services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

I am a retina specialist.

It sounds like you are getting excellent care.

Of course, you want to make sure to take it easy, no heavy lifting or bending; no running or jumping etc. You should also sleep with the head of your bed elevated or your head on two pillows to help the blood settle.

To answer your question directly:

Yes. It is perfectly safe for you to fly.

Does this make sense to you?

Don't forget to mash the positive feedback button for me...the one labeled "excellent" is the most fun to push by far ;)

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I don't go up in a puff of smoke -- I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS