Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the field of Family Practice
13781349

I just splashed Clorox Outdoor bleach in both eyes while I

Customer Question

I just splashed Clorox Outdoor bleach in both eyes while I was pressure washing, I rinsed under the shower for 15 minutes within 60 seconds of doing it, it's been about 45 minutes, eyes aren't as red. But, they feel "itchy". Obviously, I can see because I'm typing :) Don't know if I should go to ER.
sorry, my name was Nathan. Still a bit blurry
Category: Eye
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 1 year ago.

Hello--

It sounds that you treated appropriately and timely...copious flushing of eye would be exactly right.

CHLOROX would be caustic and potential to severely injure the cornea is present . The latch of symptoms of irritation or eye pain would the best sign at this time.

Eye pain ongoing or this forcing you to close the affected eye would potentially prompt ER visit( to evaluate eye an ophthalmologist would need to be consulted)

If needed then an eye specialist could be paged to come to ER ..

I think that your lack of symptoms now file BE most reassuring sign...

Further conversation by phone is,welcome if you need or prefer...

I hope that this information is helpful for you.If my answers have been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback.Thank You and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD