Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

I'm thinking about getting LASIK. What are your thoughts on

Customer Question

I'm thinking about getting LASIK. What are your thoughts on it?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
Hi. I'm Dr. Rick and I have two decades of ophthalmology experience. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.
It is a good and stable procedure that has been done for decades now.
Of course, like any surgery, it is not without risks and complications.....but, as long as you understand these, then I'd say:
Go for it.
Of course, you will need reading glasses sometime after age 40 unless you go for monovision.
It is also important to keep your lasik records, including your pre-op reading and post op data, so that they are available in a few decades when you might need cataract surgery.
I would have LASIK myself if I needed it (I do not wear glasses)
Does this make sense to you?
Don't forget to mash the positive feedback button for me...the one labeled "excellent" is the most fun to push by far ;)
It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I don't go up in a puff of smoke -- I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.
Dr. Rick MD FACS