Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

Dr I just had my blood test results and my cpk is 370

Customer Question

Hello Dr
I just had my blood test results and my cpk is 370 and prolactin 638 ! I am a 54 yr female and suffer from headaches dizziness dry eye and muscles pain that makes me difficult to move or work
Which specialist you advise me to see
Thank you
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
Hi. I'm Dr. Rick and I have two decades of ophthalmology experience. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.
At this point the best place to start would be with your internal medicine doctor. If you have already seen her then the next step would be to see an endocrinologist.
If you would like to get the most advanced care possible then you might consider going to a large teaching hospital. Why a teaching hospital? Because At an institution like that you could be evaluated and treated by a team of sub-specialists who are at the cutting edge of their respective fields. The best thing about these large teaching hospitals is that consultations are available with Professors and leaders in their field by just walking a few steps down the hall.
The Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota is an excellent example of just such a place as this. That being said there are many excellent teaching hospitals all across the country and I am sure that there is one near you.
Does this make sense to you?
I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned the top rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.
Thanks in advance,
Dr. Rick MD FACS