Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology
36528250

I got stung by a bee (i think) riding my bike 2 days

Customer Question

Hi !
I got stung by a bee (i think) riding my bike 2 days ago no big deal -on the forehead except it was itchy. now around my eyes the skin is puffy nothing hurts just itchy - what should i put on it ( I have put Hydrocortizone cream on it)-not much relief
thank you ,
Dianne
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Dan B. replied 1 year ago.
You are on the right track. I would recommend using 1% hydrocortisone ointment, not the cream as it can run into the eyes. I would smear that on there twice a day. I would also recommend using cool compresses liberally. Those two things will be the most effective means of getting the swelling to resolve. Does this make sense?
Expert:  Dr. Dan B. replied 1 year ago.
Does this information help address your concerns? Do you have any other questions about this? I am happy to be able to help you today. If you need any clarification regarding anything I've said, please let me know and I will be happy to address your concerns as you voice them. If your concerns have been resolved... Your feedback is important to me and will help me improve my encounter with future customers. Please rate your encounter with me by providing positive feedback; any bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. If you feel like your concerns are not resolved or you have a problem or issue with anything I have said or haven’t said, please don’t issue a negative feedback rating—My goal is your satisfaction and I would rather work together to solve your concerns, until you are satisfied, than have you leave our encounter unhappy and unsatisfied. My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor. Thanks for your inquiry!