Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS Ophthalmology with 13 years of surgical expereince
25407765

Is it a bad thing if I accidentally tore my conjunctiva off?

Customer Question

Is it a bad thing if I accidentally tore my conjunctiva off? Can I go blind?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. A.S. Desai replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the question.I am Dr.A.S.Desai and I look forward to assisting you .
One thing for sure is that you will not go blind because of a conjunctival tear. But you must be sure that it is only a conjunctival tear and not something more deep such as a scleral tear( which can cause problems). If you are not sure about the nature of eye injury then it is better to get the eye examined by an ophthalmologist who can have a closer look . However a conjunctival tear per se heals very well without any complications . Just watch out for additional eye symptoms such as redness, watering, pain,discharge and if noticed , get an eye exam done.
Thank you and best wishes.
It was a pleasure to have answered this question.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Views expressed are for information purpose only and cannot substitute a visit to an ophthalmologist