Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

I had my right eye removed a month ago. Since then I have had

Customer Question

I had my right eye removed a month ago. Since then I have had flashing areas in the corners of the vision of my good eye. I notice it especially when my eye goes out of focus. It looks like the symptoms I've seen with ocular migraines only it doesn't go away.
I see it also when my eye is closed. I had my good eye dilated multiple times prior to my surgery and was told that it was perfect. Any ideas?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with additional services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.You need to go back to your ophthalmologist for a full dilated exam of your remaining eye. I would try to get into see her today......There is a very rare condition that can cause problems with your remaining eye after one eye is removed called sympathetic ophthalmia. Here is a very good article from a highly respected source on this rare condition that you might find helpful:http://eyewiki.aao.org/Sympathetic_OphthalmiaIn any case, since this is your only eye, you really need to get things checked out even though you had many eye exams done prior to your surgery.Does this make sense to you?Don't forget to mash the positive feedback button for me...the one labeled "excellent" is the most fun to push by far ;) It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I don't go up in a puff of smoke -- I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me. Dr. Rick MD FACS .