Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS Ophthalmology with 13 years of surgical expereince
25407765

I was grinding saturday morning and I got some metal in

Customer Question

Hi, I was grinding saturday morning and I got some metal in my right eye!!! I was able to remove it with eye wash but now my eye is very sensitive to light and it is foggy this morning!!!
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. A.S. Desai replied 1 year ago.
Hello,Thank you for the question. A metal foreign body in the eye is most likely to be stuck on the cornea or colored part of the eye. If an eye wash was given immediately then chances are that it must have got dislodged but a delay of few hours can make it more firmly stuck to cornea whih is difficult to be removed wih eye wash alone. Such foreign bodies need to be removed manually under magnification. Since you have symptoms of photophobia and blurred vision, it is better to get the eye examined under slit lamp by an ophthalmologist at the earliest. This is to make sure that there is no remnant foreign body or it's rust ring or even the early signs of corneal ulcer or early iritis. The former needs to be removed if present.