Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS Ophthalmology with 13 years of surgical expereince
25407765

I have a bit of pain on the corner of the eye where it meets

Customer Question

I have a bit of pain on the corner of the eye where it meets the nose
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. A.S. Desai replied 1 year ago.
Hello,Thank you for the question.Since how long has the pain been there?Any associated redness in the corner of the eye?Any other eye symptom ?I look forward to your replies.Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pain is only when I close the eye or when I press it. There is no redness and pain is there since last 2-3 days. Pain seems external to the eye in the corner. It is not unbearable but consistent.
Thank you for the reply and additional information.One of the possibilities is that of an internal hordeolum( infection of the modified sebaceous gland called meibomian glands, present in the eyelid). It can cause pain, tenderness and swelling. If there is not much swelling then the other possibility is that of infection of only one gland resulting in meibomitis. In both the conditions treatment is in the form of warm compresses for 10 minutes thrice a day, for about a week. Most lesions subside completely by this treatment and do not require anything else. However do get an eye exam done if the pain persists or worsens .