Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS Ophthalmology with 13 years of surgical expereince
25407765

Large white pimple on inner lining of eyelid

Customer Question

Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. A.S. Desai replied 1 year ago.
Hello,Thank you for the question.Is the pimple like lesion painful or tender to touch?Since how days has it been there?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Painful to touch it's been 4 days
Ok. In that it is likely to be an internal hordeolum( internal stye). Give warm compresses for 10 minutes, thrice a day for about 4-5 days. If the pain is severe you can take Tablet.Tylenol, 500 mg , 1 tablet twice a day for 1-2 days. In most cases it resolves with this treatment within few days. However just in case you notice any worsening such as increase in swelling involving the entire eyelid or all around the eye, increased pain, then do get your eye examined by either your primary care physician or ophthalmologist for start of a short course of oral antibiotics. I hope this helps.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did warm compresses entire lid swollen drained some blood striked pus but bump reformed hours later
Ok. It must have burst following the warm compresses and oozed the pus out. It must have filled up again due to the blood clot. Continue with the warm compresses as suggested earlier and the Tylenol tablets . It should disappear in the next 4-5 days completely.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do I need antibiotics I am steroid dependent due to uncontrollable asthma my immune system is slow and compromised
A person with decreased immunity would probably take longer for infections to subside. However a stye which has already burst is unlikely to progress any further provided you continue with the war compresses and avoid touching your fingers directly to the tender spot( to prevent further spread of infection). Antibiotics would only be needed if the infection worsens with cellulitis or abscess formation( rare complications).