Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS Ophthalmology with 13 years of surgical expereince
25407765

I'm Pam. I have a blackhead almost in the corner of my right

Customer Question

I'm Pam. I have a blackhead almost in the corner of my right eye. It bugs me to no end. I mash it as hard as I can. I can grab it on the inside and the outside but it won't surface. On the outside corner of the same eye, I have an oval one. It feels I can just cut it open and take it out.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. A.S. Desai replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the question.I am Dr.A.S.Desai and I look forward to assisting you .
Yes, black heads can be very annoying and sometimes difficult to remove by self. But it is better to avoid cutting it yourself at home as it can cause more harm than good. You can consult a dermatologist for the removal as they have an instrument for blackhead removal. If larger than 5 mm then it is better to get it removed surgically by an ophthalmologist, due to close proximity to the eye.
Thank you and best wishes.It was a pleasure to have answered this question.Views expressed are for information purpose only and cannot substitute a visit to an ophthalmologist
I noticed that you have neither viewed the answer nor replied back. Is there something else that you need to ask or clarify? Were you looking for something else in the answer? Please let me know. I look forward to your reply.
However please do remember to rate the answer if your question has been answered satisfactorily.
Thanks and best wishes
Dr.A.S.Desai